Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lately (since I graduated in May), I’ve been inclined to avoid writing at all costs and I’ve been trying to figure out why, I think mostly because my dream job is an impossibility, (Maybe its not, maybe I just lack the confidence, or skill, or confidence). Who knows? And partly, I’m angry at my school, angry at my professors, angry at the Journalism department, angry at myself (mostly disappointed), and angry that journalism doesn’t pay. I was told in class, “hey guys you’re probably gonna hafta work for free at first, you know, to get an in.” Working for free won’t pay my 80,000 plus debt to that institution. Oh well, I should have chosen another field of study. So I want to rant and rave about how people shouldn’t study journalism, if he/she is a writer, he should read a “Journalism for Dummies” handbook (if it exists) and just do it. Forget about a four-year degree, it’s a dying field to some degree. I don’t even know if I want to write. But I feel guilt for not writing, not blogging, and being lazy. So now that have drank enough mate´ to be bugging out, I decided to jot or type a few words on a word document, for myself.

No comments: